Crunchy Taco Chicken
I had a sudden urge this afternoon for really crunchy chicken. Like I said yesterday, I love Mexican themed foods. So tonight for dinner I made taco chip crusted chicken. It turned out delicious. Not QUITE as crunchy as I had hoped, but overall really good!
|Taco Bell Sauce|
Having a gallon size Ziploc baggie full of taco bell sauce on hand at all times is normal, right?
If you will notice, the bag is almost empty. GASP!
Breeze reassured me that since I'll be out of town this weekend, he's pretty sure it will get refilled.
Anyway the sauce is important, but I'm sure any kind of hot sauce would work for this chicken entree.
To get started, grab the following:
6-8 packets Taco Bell sauce
2 chicken breasts or 5-6 chicken tenders
~ 2 cups of crushed up tortilla chips, corn chips, or a combo of both
|Crushed taco chips and corn chips, TB Hot Sauce|
1. Dip the chicken in the hot sauce.
2. Dip the chicken in the chips.
3. Place on the wire rack that is placed on top of baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray to increase crunchiness.
5. Bake in the oven on 450 for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
Serve with some extra hot sauce or salsa for dipping and some corn on the cob for a simple, yet delicious meal!