I feel like these are a pretty popular dish, but so fantastic they were worthy of the blog. Their spiciness and crispiness are like a bomb going off in one's mouth. Mmmmm.
My friend Joel told me he was making them a few weeks ago and since then we've had them three times. They are pretty easy and pretty quick, making them an ideal side dish for summer. Just don't wipe your eyes after de-seeding. Or ask someone else to do the seeding (like, say, your husband).
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 block reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese
1/3 cup diced green peppers
5 slices turkey bacon
How to do:
1. Cut the jalapenos down the middle and de-seed the peppers.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, and green peppers.
3. Stuff the mixture into the peppers.
4. Wrap the bacon around the stuffed peppers and secure with a toothpick.
5. Grill in foil for 15-20 minutes.
6. Place peppers on grill grate for about 2 more minutes, searing the peppers.
Time: About 25 minutes Servings: 2 (5 peppers)
*Make sure you allow them to cool before serving! I found them easiest to eat when cut into bites with a fork and knife.
|Oopsie! Someone took a bite of her hamburger before the picture got taken.|
I was starving, okay!?