Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nothing says Valentine's Day Like Steak & Pasta

Our Valentine's Day tradition continued this year with a freaking awesome dinner.

Every year for the past few years, we've stayed home and cooked ourselves whatever we thought sounded best.  This year was no exception.

Although I wouldn't call myself Valentine of the Year this year, Breeze did an awesome job of making me feel special! I did my part in the kitchen, though and together we made a delicious meal. It doesn't fall under the healthy category, but it just felt special and that's all that matters on this day.

After a little prepping, we had our meal on the table in about twenty minutes.

Breeze made steaks.  He seared a couple filets that he marinated last night in Worcestershire and then cooked them through on the griddle.
While the steaks cooked, he made our salads with romaine lettuce, carrots, celery, and tomatoes. 
I made us tortellini from Pallucas- half cheese, half meat- with garlic butter sauce adapted from here
Some bread sticks from Pallucas rounded out the meal. 

Garlic Butter Sauce for Tortellini
Ingredients
6 tbsp butter (I just used what I had left in my Brummel and Brown container, I think it was less than 6 tbsp)
5-6 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Big shake of Italian seasoning
Parsley

How to-do
On low heat, melt the butter.  Add the garlic and let cook for 10-12 minutes.  Your kitchen will smell ah-mazing.  At the same time, boil salted water and add the tortellinis until cooked through.  Ours were frozen so they took about 10 minutes to cook. When the tortellinis are cooked, pour the sauce over them and stir. Sprinkle parsley over the top.

Enjoy! And Happy Valentine's Day from the Breeze's!











No comments:

Post a Comment