Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Food Obsession

  I can't place my finger on the time or place in which I started really caring about cooking.  But I'm glad whatever triggered it did, because I really enjoy making dinner everynight and baking yummy desserts on Saturdays. 
  I rarely come up with my own recipes- except our delicious eggplant lasagna- but instead I seek out and try LOTS of recipes from around the world wide web.  My favorite website is tastykitchen.com, designed by the wonderful Pioneer Woman.  If you don't know about Ree, check out her website- thepioneerwoman.com. 
  Tonight I am trying a recipe from Tasty Kitchen, turkey quinoa meatloaf. The sauteed carrots, onion, red pepper, and garlic looked great in the skillet- the colors of the veggies are amazing!  It smells wonderful right now as it cooks also!  Breeze didn't even notice that it was turkey, which totally shocked me!  Fingers crossed he doesn't ask any questions and the meatloaf turns out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment